Sunday 22 November 2009

1st Animatic

Unfortunately due to laptop failure and my own carelessness I no longer have my first animatic to post here. The feed back from the rushes session was to “cut the fluff”, the shots that are unimportant to the development of the story which add nothing to the film. I decided to cut the entire part between Shelley finding the mark on Orphan doll 1 and Orphan 2’s transformation.

Cutboards

I feel that these take away from the drama of the situation and it is more effective to have the action run together.

I was also encouraged to take another look at my shots,  look more closely at the camera angles used in  horror films and use that knowledge to change them so they fit better with the genre. It was also suggested that I add colour for my next animatic and put shots through after effects. I’m in the process of creating my next animatic. I’ll post it when finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment