Monday 14 December 2009

2nd Animatic and some new ideas

I’ve been having trouble uploading my 2nd animatic so until I manage to make it work or update it and re-render, here’s what the boards looked like before I took them  in to Photoshop; resized (drawn wrong aspect ratio), coloured and separated  parts of them on different layers for after effects.

I was still unhappy with a few of the shots because they didn’t read to well or didn’t look right so I drew out some more and have started re-jiggling things in after effects. Here are the updated shots.

The updates are of when Shelley enters her mother’s room to find the doll and a pool of blood, when the orphan girls go to look for the doll and look under the bed (which in my opinion now reads a whole lot better) and finally when Shelley kisses the doll at the end. The last one I still may change slightly as I think it may look better if Shelley’s eyes go a little crossed.

I’m also going to take the sequences of the orphan girls turning in to dolls and make them happen at the same time. As long as it works fine it will save me some time to do more with the ending. I’d like to experiment with the doll’s transformation in to Shelley’s mother, using the same sort of effect that’s used in “13 Ghosts”, “Grudge” and “The Ring” where the footage speeds up,slows down, rewinds, fast-forwards, cuts to the character in different positions and overlaps several images at one time, often with a filter effect over the top to further confuse the the audience and draw them in.. This gives an eerie, haunting effect which could give my film a new edge and will also give me a chance to experiment with different media; possibly using photographs of my own china doll mixed in with the drawn version. So many possibilities, so little time. That said here are a few examples I found on youtube of the sort of effect I’m talking about. I’m off to do more work.

No comments:

Post a Comment