Tuesday 12 January 2010

Concept Art and Character Development

Here is some concept art done with ink and computer collage in an attempt to find a look for my film.

 img011img010    

These were done in black and red ink on rice paper. I tried to draw attention by using one bold colour.

 

 

 img008

 img009

In the image above I used only brown ink. I like the rustic feel it gives to the room.

In the image to the right I used a very watered down brown ink for the base and then used red ink on top for blood. I’ve written in biro “kiss your mother goodnight” over and over; an idea that I got from Jeffrey Thomas’ “Red” which I’ve mentioned before. I think this would add to the eeriness of my film but I’ve decided not to use the idea on the premise that it would be very time consuming to animate and I feel as though it wouldn’t fit in with the aesthetic of my film. 

001 002

In these images I used different textures to make a collage effect in Photoshop. I definitely favour the computer collage effect to just plain ink on rice paper and as such I’ve decided to use this method when creating my backgrounds.

I’ve also been working on the development of my characters.

Shelley’s Mother

img021

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Orphan 1

img026 

 

 

 

 

 

 

img025

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Orphan 2

 img022

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 img023

Shelley

img027

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 img030

 

 

 

 

 

 

Doll

img028

No comments:

Post a Comment